The 80s

I am a 91 born...I'm 23 yrs old. I wish i was born in the 70s and 80s. I mean the whole decade was this riot of ideas  and culture. People were experimenting with music , clothes, politics . There were gramophones! There wasn't a clear demarcation between what is right and what is wrong but somehow people had a clear conscience! Even the struggle for love was hard core ;true;heartfelt?! Oh, I forgot about traveling the world! It was possible monetarily ,cheap I meant!  Even death of John lennon was celebrated Somehow this 21st century is very superficial. Every thing is compact and instant isn't it?
I mean you were allowed to be a bohemian then. A nomad .  There were those weed frenzies . Where men declared love by standing under the window  of the gal with a huge stereo and the love song .  Unsure about their future but still had the balls to fight with the society. Still had the 'Jigra' to make a career out of nothing.
Now people don't get sad! They are directly depressed.  Life isn't about living up.  It's about the rat race where I have to work my ass off to get an Pg in surgery to be something. Because just an MBBS isn't an option.
Doing literature after this would be stupid even though it's what my passion is. The fuck up is you can't develop a new passion after choosing a career.
So the 70s and 80s.  People were nice. People used type writers!   somehow the photos in that decade were also sepia and artistic. Weren't  they!

Comments

  1. It makes me happy that I know someone who has the Jigra to do and become what he wants to be. Right from scratch.
    He is my Lennon! I dnt knw abt me being Yoko :P I am not tht thin! :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I swear! They were a different breed of humans all together nai! Now ,all we do is keep up with the rat race under the pretext of practicality shush the passion in a corner

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its fun reading all your blogs..Yaar divya life is a rat race only in our minds..u can still pursue literature if u want to...Every other person i meet has motives..ideas...passion..but none that makes them happy..and surprisingly these ppl always talk about their miseries and put an endless decoration to it...for me...getting up late in the morning..a nice cup of tea..playing my keyboards...writing stupid stuffs...cooking...playing games on ps4...and hogging all day...irritating my sister to the core...looking forward to everyday without associating myself with wat ive achieved in life...wat i have and wat i dont...its blissful

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment