Life through the eyes of a pink plaster.

I met with a lame stupid accident which is kind of an insult of the word 'accident'.
I fell from the stairs. ok, It wasn't the epic dramatic fall from the stairs rolling down shattering ever bone the body has. It  was just a fall from the first step. Yup, I fell from the first step of the stairs on the ground. And thus a semi authentic diagnosis of hair line fracture.  The first reaction all my friends gave was 'is the floor alright? '

What has my stupid pink plaster taught me, you ask?!
1.shit happens.ohh just when you think ok, there can't be a bigger shit waiting for you ! Just then, it's raining shit. All kinds of. 
This was my bday week. Which sucked. Honestly I can't compare if last year was worst or this. But hey no one is competing .
2.how to control your urge of peeing. Yup,plaster teaches you a very important lesson for life. When the only way to reach a loo is by behaving like a one legged freak ,understand god doesn't like you much! Ohh did I forget, Western toilets is the only possible way out. Indian toilets plus plastered foot is a nightmare.
3.  Coming back  home is fun only when you are going back to the hostel really really soon. If not, oops it's a death trap. Ok, I love my parents, I love free food, I love my dog and I love the fact that I can have food any time of the day or night. But it comes with a cost! Nagging! Every time, every day ,every night, every step ,every time you poop ,every time you pee, every time you log on facebook!
4.how to gain weight? Very easy.fall down. Cramp your leg. Either one of the many things will happen. Hair line fracture of the fibula (not good )or ligament tear (don't remember which one in particular but still not good ) and you will have a any colour plaster on your feet. Pink is the best.
5. Attention.  Crazy attention. It's from everyone. Those who you like and those who you don't like. Then there is sympathy stares. People, it's just a silly injury. The first day  with the plaster is the most happiest. You know as toddlers how parents are crazy happy about your first step, when you get a plaster you can experience the same happiness when you take your first on your own . It's possible to climb up the stairs. You just have to jump with the uninjured leg. But when it comes to climbing down,lord save thy soul. So I finally decided to sit down on the stairs and kinda slide down. Yup, each and every step. Sit and slide down, sit and slide down! I guess my hostel stairs where pretty clean the day I got the plaster.

P.s -if any spelling mistake do tell.   :-P
P.p.s- please comment of you have read. A smiley face is all that it takes to make my day!

Comments